Updated: Nov 20, 2019
1. Eat Organic - Conventionally grown food is sprayed with many pesticides, herbicides and fungicides, They have the same effect on your own microbes as they do on the plants! Organically grown produce has a whole host of flora that is beneficial to you and the planet.
2. Eat a diverse range of fruits and veges - for many reasons! but one is that the more diverse your diet, the more diverse your gut bacteria will be. A healthy Microbiome needs to have huge amounts but also a wide range of types of microbes as well.
3. Eat Fermented foods - contrary to popular belief fermented foods won't repopulate your microbiome. These foods use bacteria and yeasts to ferment themselves, they have so many health benefits
4. Avoid refined sugar and artificial sweeteners -
5. Eat prebiotic foods - Fresh raw fibre rich foods from a trusted spray free source
6. Spend time in nature -
7. Exercise -
8. Manage stress -